Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Time for Deep Reflection...

Seriously....so first my mom gives me a relatively new perspective on myself by calling me lazy (ok maybe she was right there...) and unhelpful, and accusing me of having an excessivley nonchalant/laid back attitude. In short, she made me feel like the spoiled brat I have always feared becoming. Glad to know your so happy with me mom. She also asked "where's the spark? the joie de vivre?" but then again, that's something i've been asking myself for awhile...maybe it'll creep back up in college, maybe not. I hope so, but of not whatever.... I should probably do more about this...but that brings us back to square one. I also have a strange aversion to obviously trying to impress people because I feel like a goody two shoes. If I'm ever doing something nice, one should generally avoid complimenting me. So now even if I wanted to be more "helpful" I would feel wierd doing it. Anyway, so as if I'm not already feeling mehh-enough about myself, TP kid starts directly hitting on me and I full frontal Spazz. Seriously, ask DrK, he said I was acting like a little girl. So while I'm worrying about the quality of person I am, we can also wonder why I am obviously severly undeveloped in certain areas and have the emotional maturity of an 8 year-old. Once we've figured that out, I can ask the doctor to take another look at the strange lump on my neck that my mom keeps bugging me about (just when I had once and for all overcome my infamous cancer-based hypochondria) and wonder why my left ring finger now cramps up whenever I type. Perhaps I should try meditation...

2 comments:

OldSchoolKlingon said...

As far as the TP guy goes, go for it.

And honestly, who among us isn't emotionally an 8-year-old when it comes down to it? (And here I refer to everyone we know remotely well)In the end we all show ourselves to be confused and socially stupid in one way or many. We're teenagers, what were you expecting?

Don't be too hard on yourself.

Juicy said...

lol thanks, but trust me I am far less mature than many of our friends. we seriously need to catch up about TP guy though cuz its gettin there...perhaps our road trip could take a little stop in upstate NY? lol