Sunday, February 17, 2008

If This Blog Had Any Credibility, I Think I Just Killed It...

Here it is, Mango Addicts, Juicy's first, last, and only, attempt at a rap. I'm not sure whether to be sorta proud or a little embarassed...Tell me what you think. The working title is 'Life Lacks Epic'


Chorus:
Life lacks epic
Its like an epidemic
people all around me
kept down by the TV
kept down by the police

kept down by the fears of what's comin to be
I swear its the end of the last generation
sometimes wish I was around before the age of information
its like im waiting for some soulful detonation
or at least an excuse to get loose and make a little mayehem
that wont show up on my record when i need to get a job
sick of living for my future life all day long



The other day I went to buy my friend some cigarettes
I had the money and the license but they carded her instead
I said woman this is crazy im 18 and theyre for me
she said sorry honey thats the way it gotta be
Now they wouldnt have pulled that bull back in our parents day
clerk might ask you youre age, but took your word it was Ok
I had a teacher once said he need to 'pologize
i said why you aint done no wrong in my eyes
he says i grew up in the 70s doin all crazy shit
thanks to my generation every thing you do gotta be much more legit
once i heard of a girl goin to school and workin hard
wanna be a lawyer, take the LSAT, pass the BAR
on the weekend shed relax toke some weed with her friends
once the cops busted a party, yah you bet it was the end
one spot on your record they wont never let it go
now she cant be a lawyer and who's to blame? the popo!


[chorus]


Every now and then in highschool id be gettin pretty bored
id say hey lets go out but theyre all playin' 64
then i got to college it was pretty much the same
all itunes and you tube and internet games
now i love a cozy night being lazy just as much as any other
but everynow and then i say come on lets blow this mother fucka
theres a whole world out there and theres stories to be told
crazy fuckas to meet and were only gettin more old
back in the days when you was bored you would make your own joy

get out and about, go on adventures, maybe make a little noise
but today all you need coming to you on a screen
via sattelite and cable and your ISP
now i respect all this has done to make things more comfortable and nice
but i have to wonder what were losing when its all we ever do in life


[chorus]


Once i met a man interviewing me for college
went to Harvard i thought wow bet you amassed a lot a knowledge
he said oh there's not much to say, 'fact I pity you kids today
back when I was accepted I took just 1 AP, barely passed, infact i got a 3
my science project was a bean sprout, and Iwas pretty proud
but nowadays its nothing that would stand out in a crowd
I've interviewed kids taken ten APs, writing their own books, volunteering good deeds
kickin ass on the now 10 section SAT
I've seen everything that was most impressive but I still had to say
you just ain't gonna cut it in this age and day
And you think it's bad here?

Go on East it gets worse overe there
my friend been drinkin coffee every day, skimpin sleep since she was 12
doing standardized test prep, being tutored, and trying to do well
another little girl, she was only six
killed herslef because the pressure wanna make her call it quits.


[chorus]


Yeah, sick of living in this future life all day long...

2 comments:

OSK said...

That was really white. Exactly the reason I don't try my hand at rap. The second half of it pretty much epitomizes my view on the school system, though.

I also feel the need to comment on your disrespect towards the N64 (A God Machine among mere mortals), plus my hatred of the new-millenium use of the word "Epic." No matter how many times people say it, it still doesn't cease to sound lame to me.

But not a half bad attempt as a whole.

Juicy said...

Oh yeah, the other working title was "I'm white, privelleged, and therefore very, very oppressed"

FYI I do respect N64 and mario is really fun, but I was trying to make a point, plus you guys do do that an aweful lot (though you mix it with other fun things like pool and gumdrops, so its all good)

oh, and I wasnt aware that the word epic had taken on trend status, I just know it epitomizes pretty much everything that I am currently seeking in life. perhaps that only goes to show that i;m not alone in my frustrations?