Friday, June 19, 2009

Well, I Had to Do Something...






Last year when we celebrated MFA's second birthday, I attempted (key word: attempted) to cook an extensive dinner based on Mango ingredients, which ultimatley failed because I didn't realize that a.) bread making flour does not contain yeast and b.) all mangos must ripen for several days before they can amount to anything worth eating. Oops. This year I don't have nearly as much time on my hands, but I would like to do something. Watching Ace of Cakes a few weeks ago, I got inspired. So, at some point this summer, I'm going to bake a cake. A pretty one. (It'll probabaly also be pretty small, cuz I'm pretty sure I'm down to like, two barely-regular readers. Oops.) Oh well, Happy Birthday MFA, for whatever it's worth. Our Little Bloggy is getting ot be a big Blog now...


Something to ponder in the meantime: the expression "pretty" as an emphatic statement (eg- pretty sure, pretty well). How did that happenn?

No comments: