Monday, July 24, 2006

Did You Know...?

Do you know what I discovered today? Of course not. Why? because you are not me, nor are you blessed with my supreme intellecutual abilities, nor (in all likelihood) telepathic powers allowing you to observe my advanced thought processes. However, you are a subscriber to my blog, and in return for such interest and loyalty, it is only fair that you are given a few glimpeses into the happennings of my genius intellect. So here you are:


In the movie 'Amelie', Amelie uses her dad's garden gnome to inspire him to fulfill his life dream of travelling all around the world. She does this by taking pictures of him in front of posters of a variety of locations, creating the illusion that he has actually been there.

In the commercials for Travelocity.com, the 'Roaming Gnome' serves as Travelocity's mascot, also visiting a variety of locations, and 'denouncing travel myths.'

IT'S THE SAME BLOODY GNOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, maybe they're not aesthetically identical, but I bet you anything that's where Travelocity got the idea! HA! I GET IT!


...I hope you enjoyed this evening's revelation.


PS: Oh, and if you want to continue to follow in my intellectual footsteps, or at least try your best, read "The World Is Flat: Updated and Expanded" by T. Friedman. That should inspire you to go out and buy a hybrid car. But if such logic does not occur to you upon completion of that book, I'm sorry, but your puny mind is simply not capable of grasping such complex ideas.

5 comments:

gbz said...

...

gbz said...

DUH!!!!!!

Gavrich said...

Oh don't be so modest, Emma. Please, don't be shy in discussing your mental capabilities.

Juicy said...

Sorry, I know for intellectual peons like you it's especially tough when faced with people that so far surpass your Intellegence Quota...

Gavrich said...

It's 'Intelligence QUOTIENT,' miss smarty-pants. Or have you made up a new type of IQ to suit your dreams, so you can make sure your IQuillare is higher than that of the rest of us.