Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Day in the (not so juicy) Life of Juicy

So everyone else (aka all like five people whose blogs i read) is writing about their life, so i figured i might as well try and amuse you with mine. The key word in that sentance of course, is try.

Today was nice because it was raining. Maybe it seems odd to be on a dock in a new england during a mild storm, but it's actually really cool. i dont know if it's something about the surrounding fresh chaos, or the feeling of mysterious possibility (as if a sherlock holmes novel could begin to unfold around you at any minute) but it is, and has a kick ass sound track to boot. I spent the afternoon running errands with dad for his boat, going back to hang out on his boat, and reading my book for english next year on boat in middle of said rainstorm. It was chill.

When we came back to my house, my dad didnt want me to get sick ( i was sopping wet) so he instisted i have a rum shot, and kept saying "it's good for you! It's good for you" (ok dad, whatever...) I hate anything straight over 40%, (then again, the last hard liquor i had was green, maybe not such a good sign...) so i went to mix it but he insited I take it straight. We clinked, and he pretty much just laughed at me while my eyes started to well up. I was just recoverying the feeling in my esophagus when I got a hint of a slightly more pleasant after after taste and realized: I miss beer! Seriously, what the fuck is up with this country, stupid enforced liquor laws...it's disgusting. Vertical: that weekend is coming, and soon (even if i have to say i'm staying at elizas or something) Koopon and Klingon- when do you guys learn to drive?

Anyway, my grampa came over for dinner and i sat through the usual words of wisdom while my dad sang along to this random opera song he's obessed with (it was the same song last week) the homemade pasta was good. Then my dad started talking about how cool it would be if i got into Harvard or Brown, and how the double advantage being a woman there is all the great guys i would get to meet, and i might even marry a sucessfull buisness person! I totally called him out on this of course (and they wonder why im such a fem nazi at school...) and even my grandpa agreed with him. thats like, beyond a generation gap! But really, for starters, if it's a feminine advantage as opposed to a male one, then i guess im gay all of a sudden because it works both ways. Second of all, if i can't sleep over my guy friends houses now, how on earth can i be in prime condition to produce grandbabies by the time im in my 20s!

After dinner my grandpa gave me a ride back to my mom's house. I complimented her on the bow from the chocolate box that she tied in her hair, told her rum might make a great cure for her ulcer, and then went to my room to read more. I got bored with reading and too impatient to read on to the saucy bits, so i've been online ever since, sitting infront of the TV watching sitcoms sans cable, and there's really no one interesting online to talk to so I'm writing this (actually there almost was, but ill get to that later) it's 12:30, and i seriously need to finish that book so i can get up and write that essay tomorrow, but oh well.

Hold on, was that some thing juicy that was hinted at in the last parenthetical? well, sorta, not really. a friend of mine once told me i was a nexus of fate, so perhaps the unvierse is extra sensitive to my 'i'm sixteen and still single will someone please shoot me' cries. Day 1: old 'friend' (who has been trying to hang out with me since 7th grade) brings it up again, i finally block him after telling him that i wont hang out with him because i have this not so farfetched impression he's just been trying to get in my pants for years. His pre-block response? something like "why would i ever try for someone that i know is out of my league?" Ok dude, a word of advice before i go: no girl is that stupid, work on the BS lines. Day 2: So about a year ago, i turned down the opportunity to hook up with this really cute drunk guy on my last night in Paris, mainly because i'm a deaf idiot. Anyway, so I IMed him a little after the trip, nothing he seemed too interested in. But on Day 2, he IMs me totally out of the blue, stressing the 'we should hang out' and gives his cell. He lives in NY and was probably drunk (as always), but it's nice to know i've got a drinking buddy in the city who owes me some action ; ) Day 3: already buzzed on the last 2 days of pseudo lovin, i IM a cute guy i've known a bit after he rated me something on facebook. (i actually rated him something awhile ago, but oh well) I was being sorta odd (and made this one really bad joke) so i sorta let the convo die, but when it was good it was good, and at least there are other people in the world with whom i can randomly speak french.

OK so now it's 1 am and i'm cracking up over fraisier re runs, still not reading, and it's raining again. (just in case you started to think my life was actually getting interesting)


PS: if you derive nothing from this pretty pointless entry, know this: POETRY.COM IS A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Juicy said...

DAMN

OSK said...

Word of advice- posting about drinking beer online is probably a nono- Police have been cracking down on MySpace and FaceBook, I wouldn't be suprised if blogger was next.

Juicy said...

which is why my full name is Juicy One, The and y'all have no idea where i live!!!

and police, if you are reading this, please do something more efficient with our tax dollars than make farfetched attempts at cracking down on small incidences of underage drinking which are bound to happen anyway.

gbz said...

yeah....saving our nation's youth from alchohol poisining is so useless. fucking commies...

Juicy said...

you got a problem with the pink punk?

(jkjkfbipleasedonthuntmedownandkillme)