Sunday, October 01, 2006

Back In Orange...

I was bored and catching up with all my friends' blogs, so I decided to get back in the game. Heres whats been on my mind.

1. Maybe its just because i have more friends this year (being a senior, you meet alot of people in 3 years...) but i find myself being more and more of a gossip whore. Now, gossip is very interesting and funny and all, but sometimes it feels like we never talk about anything else. Obviously relationship drama is a quality aspect to life in highschool, but c'mon, we don't need to discuss it ad nauseum. there is more to life....right? You may hear me say something like "life is getting too small" what i mean to say is that my main area of focus has been reduced to such a tiny specturm (often to school, gossip/relationships, my friends, and in winter, hockey) and i feel i am becoming a less beneficial member of society by being so superficial. Obviously there's not much else going on in our young and meaningless (or at least very often, directionless) lives, but it would be nice to at least be able to hold an intelligent conversation about something else. (then again, if you have anything juicy, im still all ears...)

2. So everyone else seems really stressed out about this college thing and im well...not. i mean, i am concerned, and probably should schedule some interviews, but i just sortof have faith that i'll get in somewhere. My grades and extra curriculars are good, and i may not get into Harvard (my on and off top choice) but im still not heading to High Point University any time soon. (their brochure reads "complimentary beverages in between classes! new leather furniture in all the dorm rooms!" i kid you not...) On that note, with my list only consisting of 3 ivies and smith so far, i do really need to start looking at more safety/plausible schools, but i find myself really reluctant to take a college weekend, i can do this during winter break, right?

3. On the topic of stress, kiddies, here is the secret to school success: get lots of sleep and take lots of english classes. You would think my schedule would be harder than last year, i have double the number of APs plus a philosophy class and skipped a level in french. Is it? no, not at all. Maybe i am just used to working my ass off until 3am junior year (*shudder*) but with a whole 3 free blocks and teachers that could care less about actual deadlines (again, i stress the humanities...) this year so far has been amazing. last year i worked my ass off for a B+, and A-s were the rare product of hard, hard, work. This year i cant help but feel like im slacking off, but ive gotten two 95s in a row, plus a bunch of other As. infact, the only bad grades ive gotten were an 86 (horrible, i know) and a 77 (were working on that...) I am also getting 7 hours of sleep a night, something that could even be called 'breakfast' (portable coffee mugs=genius) and having a social life. maybe i just keep getting lucky (nexus powers) and sometimes i really feel i am pushing it, and that this bubble is going to burst and come back to bite me in the ass, but until then i am seriously not complaining...

though on that note, i probably should actually do my french HW, seeing as that 77 still needs a lift...later!

3 comments:

Juan Carlos Rojas said...

???

OSK said...

Well, it's hard not to gossip when I'm being such a player this year:). Oh, and of course the constant battle between Josh and I for the much coveted mojo is always fascinating.

gbz said...

Um...I think winter is a little late to look at colleges, since apps are due like jan 1st and they all have supplements to write...

math/science > humanities (thats a "greater than" sign btw, if they didn't teach you that in english...)