Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Elliptical is a LIE!!!!!!!!

Seriously....I've always figured there was a difference between the elliptical and
the treadmill, but this is absurd. If I can run 3 miles nonstop in a little under
half an hour on the elliptical, I'm in good shape, right? Apparently not. I did a
warm up mile on the elliptical (yes ladies and gentleman, Juicy does, infact,
exercise on occassion)and then went on the treadmill, only to find that after 2/3
of a mile at 6mph (which still only gets me a ten minute mile) I was out.
Furthermore, I can only cringe when I think of the time it once took me twelve
minutes to run a mile on the elliptical...

Anyway, this is my goal- by the time I graduate i will be able to do 3 consecutive
miles on the treadmill in just at or under half an hour (and also have a killer
stomach cuz apparently running on the treadmill works your abs too)



Ok that's really it for today....come visit me in the costumes shop!!!

oh ps- Mark Sutherland still needs to die, and I'm not terribly happy with vertical either....(which is like the understatement of the century)

4 comments:

gbz said...

there is no substitute for running, especialy not a pussy impact-free elliptical. and if you think the treadmill is tough, try getting out on the trails where theres no machine to pace for you and you actualy slow down as you get tired. seriously, you can run any pace you want on a treadmill, you just have to grit it out (i used to hold 6:40s for 7 miles on the 'mill when I was but a wee little sophemore)

Gavrich said...

Well Ben, we can't all be Achillean runners like you are, so the elliptical machine makes us feel a little bit better. I used the elliptical on Monday for the first time, and did about 3/4 of a mile in about 7 minutes, which is not bad for my belly and me.

Treadmills are not about homing one's running skills. They're all about building up cardiovascular endurance. Yes, I know; you're all probably wondering how such a rubenesque hunk as myself knows about this stuff. Even I work out, on occasion.

SabilaK said...

I effin' HATE the elliptical machine. I get a better workout blogging. Piece of crap machine should be outlawed from gyms!
I effin' LOVE running though--on treadmills, trails, anywhere really.
Oh, and how I love weights. Have you weight trained before Juicy?

Juicy said...

6:40s for seven miles...shiiiiittt. you people are masochists!!! (only wierd as it is thats also sorta awesome....)

i've fooled around a little with the weights in the gym but nothing seroious, though i'd love some buff biceps or a tighter tummy...any tips?