Thursday, November 30, 2006

Life

Yesterday and today have been two of those days that seem so typical it's abnormal. What did i do? I was productive. that essentially sums it up. I did work, I practiced a song with a group, i organized stuff for the art club, i did class ring stuff, all of which i enjoy and get to write on my college app. (except the ring thing, thats just cuz im cool) I saw my friends a bit, i slept a bit, i played hockey. There's no drama, no big gossip, things are just, well, peaceful. I have no complaints except sore muscles/stomach and the inverse proportion of sleep and work. In other words, it's pretty wierd. maybe im just a masochist who needs something to bitch about, or maybe i finally got my life together, but it feels weird not having anything major on my mind. Today i was sitting in class and i remembered my first year at this highschool. I thought about how different everything has become since then, and how i never would have expected this in a million years. For the first time in awhile i guess, things balanced out. full circle. they did it just in time too, because then i was flipping through my agenda pad, opened up to april, and realized that by then i will know where i am going to college. freaky, huh?

on a similar note, Not to get too emo on you all, but as busy as ive been these past few days I feel a sortof internal bordom setting in. (or maybe im just in a wierd mood from working alot/sleep deprived) So if you ever want to do something spontaneous like go climb a mountain or take a roadtrip to nowhere and get lost (i still think thats a great idea...) let me in on it before i become another mindless zombie in a productive society that has no real direction. it has speed, but not velocity...snap!!

...yeah on that pathetic note ill return to british parliament....im getting sorta sick of this whole school thing and i can't beleive its another four more years, but what else can i do? hopefully college will rock, but thats another story. till then, i have disco....

5 comments:

Gavrich said...

Vis-à-vis the "getting-lost road trip," I too am intrigued by the idea of it. Sometimes when we drive home to CT from South Carolina, we take the inland I-81, part of which goes through the mountains of western VA and eastern WV. And there are a lot of narrow, winding mountain roads. When I've got some time to kill and a car with GPS, I'd like to go up through some of those kinds of roads. Good call on that one.

gbz said...

If i were to get lost, which doesnt sound so bad, anywhere in the south wouldn't be my first choice...something about a threat to us yankees...

um...can anyone say disco inferno?!
(starts singing)

Juicy said...

hm..ive always been deeply attracted to the south since that yaya movie..i know, california baby!!!! (coughcoughawesomebillyjoelsongcoughcough)

umm disco=god (even if that does mean i am the child of a decade long crack induced orgy in studio54)

Gavrich said...

California is not "The South." It's "The West." The good-ol-boys in the REAL South wouldn't take kindly to such untruthitudes.

Juicy said...

i know, i was suggesting an alternative... (my geography skills arent that atrocioius)