Friday, November 24, 2006

Turkey Day...Oh, and you might want to read this for future notice...

So it was Thanksgiving yesterday and I feel that yields a blogpost even though there really isn't much to say. I lovvvvved the food, and it was fun actually helping with the cooking this year and taking responsibility of the stuffing, even though my dad will probably not let me within ten feet of any alcholic beverage ever again. (not that i was actually drinking or anything, its just that the general excitement of the holiday made me a bit tizzy and then knocked me out on the couch for two hours)

On a similar note, I finally decided where I am going to apply to college, I'd tell you where, but we had this presentation that freaked me out and I don't wanna be denied school number 2 just because they read this and realize they're not school number 1 even though I totally could have changed my mind.

Ok, what the fuck is wrong here. This is my blog and it's getting way too PC. I cannot feel that I can fully express myself if I think there is an admissions reader constantly searching the net for this stuff and dying for any excuse to not read the huge stack of papers in my file infront of him. I am aware that whatever
I publish is technically open for all to see, but by choosing the username I did and by refusing to give out the information I did not release, it is clear that my identity is to be kept anonymous to all readers whom I am not already familiar with. In short- this is bullshit. If i gave you all my full name and address then fine, i guess i was asking for it, but if any admissions officer is going to get all sneaky on me and start hunting for incriminating evidence in supposedly anonymous blog posts, then that makes me really upset. I worked really hard on those apps for a reason, and i don't think they should be counteracted by something as casual as a blog. And how would you like it if i went hunting for all your dirty secrets on the internet? This pissses me off, People have a right to privacy, especially when it is as specifically implied as it is here. This actually makes me want to become and ACLU lawyer even more (Because if you don't trust me already, admissions officer, I wasn't lying about that)

In fact, I think i'll give myself some practice:

By reading this blog and absorbing its contents, you ,the reader, have agreed to not share any of the found information in a way that could be slanderous or in any other way harmful or discrediting to the author or those associated with her.

Ha! Take that bitches!!!

3 comments:

Gavrich said...

WOOOOO---Big Brother is watching EVERYTHING!!!

But seriously, it's a college admissions office--not the CIA or FBI. Just don't name names in a bad light or anything like that.

(In a whisper): Big Brother is AWLAYS watching...

gbz said...

i dont think the stuff you put on here is what they're looking for, its not like your getting totaly wasted all the time and having unprotected sex with anything that moves, i think you should relax.

Juicy said...

yeah, cuz thats always been my specialty lol....