Thursday, January 11, 2007

G+G+G+ Bitching

Hmm...so it's been awhile since I posted anything but it's hard to think of anything really significant to post about, seeing as my life in the winter can pretty much be summed up in the following three Gs:

-grades
-goaltending
-gossip whoring

(only not so much the first nowadays, oops...) So let's talk about the last one. The other night at dinner two friends and I were sitting around, and a little fac brat had a note addressed to a friend of ours. Not only did we spend half an hour or more trying to procure the note from this kid (since when do they make 11 year olds that look like six year olds that think like 16 year olds?) under the pretext that she was planning to give it to her facutly parent and we were doing the people that were actually meant to read the note a favor by intercepting it first. (cmon, its sorta true...) Anyway, the note didn't contain anything fantastic but getting it kept me amused for about forty-five minutes. (ohh...life metaphor!)And even if it did my new years resolution would prevent me from publishing it on the internet. *stick-out-tongue-smiley*

Like I said, the first G hasn't been getting too much attention in the past few days, but hopefully all that is about to change, or at least today it did. Did I mention that the stomach ache is God's gift to man? seriously...i don't wanna go all Odysseus and jinx myself here (yes, it's happened) but you just go in, look sad, say you have a stomach ache, go to sleep for as long as you want, then wake up and Bam! It's Juicy's Day Off! Not that I did anything nearly as cool as Bueller, but walking around the cafeteria in your PJs while all your friends still have to go to class has its perks...not to mention the getting caught up with everything and not stressing out while listening to mediocre radio all day. It seems too good to be true...That, and the fact that just one slim doorway stands between me and freedom at 3am on a saturday. Well, more like a slim doorway and my friend's "Juicy-really-now-I-care-about-you-and-dont-want-you-to-get-kicked-out-of-school-and-not-get-into-college-and-make-the-stupidest-mistake-of-your-life" eyes. Who came up with this whole 'real freinds' idea again?

so yeah that's pretty much my pathetic life in a nutshell. Funny word, pathetic. It means weak, or in some other way generally unworthy, But i can't help but recognize the greek root "pathos" which I'm almost sure means "feelings." Perhaps the Nazis and myself weren't the first? just a thought...Another great word that comes to mind is "whorish," for example, "my fantastically whorish shoes that I love to death even though my heels still hurt." psh...objectifying women in the media...seriously...that presentation was smart and funny but can you grab me a drink? thanks. Though if she did have a point about one thing, guys in this country are spoiled. Just turn on the TV and watch a few adds, at least half of them will contain a nude or partially clad woman with long hair and perfect skin. No wonder the East hates us...

3 comments:

Gavrich said...

I believe that we American men are spoiled because the American women have no problem puting the adverb form of "fantastic" in front of the word "whorish." Unless you're leading a secret life, I wouldn't think you subscribe to any kind of "whorism."

Juicy said...

wow, gavrich def just almost called me a whore...(only im not offended because he's gavrich and he would probably call anything whorish that his grandma doesnt wear :) )

Gavrich said...

I did nothing of the sort (and I have no living grandparents). I said that I WOULDN'T think of you as supporting "whorism." I happen to think that phrases like "gossip whore" and "attention whore" are unsavory and unkind. Nothing more.