Thursday, February 01, 2007

Starbucks=Life

So I would be on my 3rd energy drink/ 5th (?) caffeneited beverage in 24 hours (the much feared 'full throttle', it was all blockbuster had, probably has something to do with it being owned by coke...monopolistic nazis)and watching every single American Pie film ever made (except American Wedding cuz blockbuster is annoying like that) except that my Indian Sex Kitty actually fell asleep during our "ten minute nap" almost two hours ago, so here I am blogging for both your and my entertainment. wheeeee!!
So I was working in Starbucks the other day (because that's pretty much all I do now, and yet I still manage to hand everything in late because I am a failure and a lazy ass with no time management skills who just won't learn to stop pushing it to the last minute and who has severly fucked herself over for like the third time and who is absolutley sick of always cramming shit at the last minute. Who would have thought that one three hour nap monday afternoon would fuck me over for the rest of the week? That said, I should probably be working on the rewrites that have been hanging over my head for like a week, But like I said, i've been doing nothing but papers since saturday night and there is simply no paper writing function left in me. the 13 hours of sleep over three days really helped too. Wow that was a long parenthetical rant.) ANYWAY I was being studious in starbucks and I looked up and saw a kid, couldn't have been older than 10, doing her Wordly Wise homework on the table next to me. I looked to the other side and saw a mom with two kids, maybe 8 and 5, looking equally productive. What has become of society?!? OK, Highschool and college students I get, but elementary school kids are now joining the regular starbucks workforce too? That is just wrong...
It's funny though, how starbucks turns into a noisy, brand-name beverage selling library on Sunday nights....go down and see for yourself sometime. It's all highschool students in little groups with their drinks and books. I really have to wonder how i ever got work done before this place popped up...pshh, the library...

Yeah so im pretty much the biggest dork on the face of the planet and it's getting worse and worse as time progresses. Or maybe I'm not because....

No comments: