Monday, May 21, 2007

Ramble On...

Well, it's senior spring (I know this because today all I brought to class was a pen) and I am still stuck in rm. 10 because my advisor says she needs to talk to people before she takes me out, even though I only have one week left, no more work to do, and it was my idea to put me in here in the first place, go figure...

Anyway, it's because of this massive chunk of free time in rm 10 that I am sitting down and blogging for you today, even though I don't really have anything specific to blog about (and by specific I actually mean "interesting" and "well-structured") but hopefully that will change by the time you have finished reading this. then again, maybe not.

I couldn't sleep last night, so right now I'm pretty much my usual walking-zombie of a self. Just thought I would throw that in there. But after hours of tossing and turning and thinking about life, I came up with an idea: Next time i keep a diary or journal (I don't know if it would work for a blog cuz i don't always post so frequently) every day i should complete the following sentance honestly on a daily basis: "I wish that _____." You see, it sounds ridiculously PC and lame, but by giving our lives just that much more direction, we can have a slightly better idea of what we want to get out of life and work for it. We can also look back to our previous thoughts and aspirations. I know I sound like a bloody self-help book right now, but cut me some slack here it was 4am...

Before I was unable to sleep, yesterday was interesting because I was stuck in a personal dilemma: graduation dresses. Should I wear the straight cut, but lacy, Lily Pulitzer graduation dress (that looked very classy, and well, like a graduation dress) or the flowy, sparkely one that, though not really what I had in mind for the occassion, looked really cool and hippy-esh? I found myself thinking: should I look like I did during my 6th grade graduation? in a little, classiclally cut talbots piece that did the job yet somehow didn't feel right? Should I wear the dress that looks like a graduation dress? the dress that fits me very well and is slimming, but comes from one of the preppiest companies ever that many others maybe wearing? OR should I wear the dress that originally I did not care for but mom wanted to keep it and the more I tried it on the more I liked it? The dress that was bought, as is much of my other clothing, in the teen section of a department store? The dress that sortof looks like a flower child might wear it? Is it too much for graduation? am I still that much of a nonconformist, and do I want to flaunt that at graduation?

Now that I have managed to take a stupid thing like graduation dresses and turn it into a dilemma of conformity v. nonconformity, you can understand why it took me an entire afternoon to nail down one. They both looked cute. Needless to say now that I reflect on it, I may be a little sweatier on the day thanks to the lack of $200 linen, but I went with the hippy one.

Once my mom left, it was my last sunday on campus before graduation. (6 days bitches!) So I found myself doing what I always do on sunday, except this time it was more fun because I didn't have any work hanging over my head. (Actually I just remembered I do, but oh well, I have another 45 min to kill. ) So I went to the klingon's basement to watch sci fi with him and george, then ate dinner, then chilled with george and tried to watch 2 movies but the fates were clearly against it, so we hung out with mark in the stud until his feed, then we wandered around campus to kill another half hour.

OK so now I am clearly rambling but that is pretty much my sunday in a nutshell. Oh, and if any of my readers would like to supply me with reviews/information regarding Alexia or Trima pills, please do so. I've been doing a lot of online research and the two seem *very* fishily related and I think once were owned by the same company but I can't find anything official...Yeah, if it's not a total scam, I'm gonna try it.

No comments: