Monday, June 30, 2008

Tell Me, Juicy, Do You Still Sleep With A Gun Under Your Pillow?

Now recently I have been doing a lot of thinking about my career, and I'm sure I've already bored you all to death with my usual array of options (Lawyer, Investigator, Meth Lab Operator, etc.). But the truth is, there is one more option I have yet to divulge; the ultimate career that I have never dared to actually attempt to pursue but still manages to seriously get my blood running, and that I am now legitimatley considering for lack of any current, more interesting ideas. Think about it: Juicy...as James Bond.

(Well, the female American version. One of Charlie's Angels, perhaps?)

Now there are a lot of pros and cons to being a covert ops field agent that had prevented me from really pursuing this before, but let's take a moment to analyse them:

Pros
  • Guns
  • I'd have to stay in kickass shape
  • Travel and adventure
  • Sexy outfits
  • Get to use applied Chemistry
  • Use analytical skills
  • Use language skills
  • Use badass skills

Cons

  • Guns
  • I'd have to stay in kickass shape
  • I'd become government property (unless I went Charlie's Angels style)
  • I wouldn't actually get my own theme music
  • Even if I do get to keep said sexy outfits, and they manage to stay in one piece, they might smell of sweat/ashes/gunpowder/nitroglycerin
  • Higher risk for STDs
  • I'm not Bill Gates/Will Hunting/Our Valedictorian, so I probably don't have the brain cells for it anyway, and would end up stuck behind a desk doing the NSA's boring dirtywork.

Clearly, this is a far more legitimate dialogue than I previously thought. And after all, if we've learned one thing, I have no future as a physicist. Why you ask? Here:

Me: "But if they all clump together when they skydive, won't it be more dangerous because they fall faster?" (*SHAME! UTTER SHAME!*)


Oh, and quote of the week: "say hi to him, he has cancer"- Dad




** Or maybe not all all is lost for a carreer in physics! Yes, I foolishly forgot that the acceleration of gravity is a constant BUT...

1. P=MV=momentum
2. if V is a constant regardless of M then P will still increase due to M.
3. According to Newtons Law the painful force of earth that is exerted on them in impact is the equal and opposite force to the momentum they exert on the earth when they fall
4. ERGO- an increased mass may not lead to a faster descent, but it will still lead to more painful results upon impact for the entire party.

Ha! Take that Hawking...

9 comments:

Gavrich said...

While your James Bond aspirations are very, very lofty, it's refreshing to know a girl who wants more than a so-called "MRS Degree."

Juicy said...

...because that's such a problem nowadays?

You know in Korea they're thinking of making once co-ed schools single gendered to give the boys a chance because girls are out performing them so much. (This is actually also similar to what happenned in some graduate schools in the late 1800s!)


but thanks anyway bud. : )

Gavrich said...

I'm not sure if it's a widespread problem. It alarms me to hear it referred to as often as I do around my college.

gbz said...

Um...each individual skydiver will still have the same momentum, regardless of their neighbours, meaning the pain from impact will be the same. If you have n skydivers all of mass m, falling at velocity v, the net P of the system is clearly nmv. This doesn't change at all with their formation.

It's true that an extremely fat skydiver will have more momentum and have a higher dP/dt on impact, but that's a different situation.

Stick to bonding.

(ha, ha get it?)

Juicy said...

Gavrich, that's cuz you go to school in the backwards south : )

And jv, that point you made about the obese sky diver does apply to all of the sky divers if they clump together by fully straddling each other as they were. its the same idea. Plus, imagine being on the bottom and getting squished. I'm not sure how much individual positioning would affect the impact but its still something negative, so not clumping is a lot safer.


And no I don't get it. are you encouraging being a wife, an agent, or a chemist?

dr_koopon said...

I gonna go with all three, simultaneously.

Think about it.

Juicy said...

Oh, that I could be that badass.

You really
shouldn't encourage me like that.

Anonymous said...

good evening dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that exact model. The prices for the velcros are all over 180 bucks on every site. But definitively I base this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hi there fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices for the velcros are around 180 pounds on every site. But completely I found this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what do you think?