Monday, July 07, 2008

What's My Age Again?


Sorry for the lull, but they say boring life -> even more boring blogging, so I was at least trying to retain some form of quality control. Today however, we have some good news, and by saturday afternoon, we (or rather, I) I will have something even better.


Everyone, meet Baby. She looks something like this:


Brand new, five doors, Tiptronic transmission, lots of airbags, "Candy White" coloring, and, best of all, she's mine! All mine! (Technically the Padre's name is on the title so he can write it off as a company car, but you get the idea.) I even co-signed the lease so I could establish good credit. (This was the same week I actually got really excited about my new healthcare program...it was a bizarre experience). Anyway, there are only three conditions that govern my use of the car:

1. No using cell phone while driving (given)

2. Keep the car clean, and no smoking in the car (sure, why not)

3. No long distance driving until you are fully adjusted to the new car. This should take no more than a few weeks. (common sense)

In addition, Whether or not you get good grades next semester determines how much insurance you have to pay.

...Wait? What's this? Is Dad actually thinking like a reasonable, and perhaps, dare I say, liberal parent on something significant and relative to daily life? I was just about to near shit myself with joy, when this beautiful conversation took place:

Male Predecessor: You know, my girlfriend is worried about leaving you alone in the house for a week; we might not go on vacation.

Offspring: I'm sure she's not the only one with that concern...

Male Predecessor: Not necessarily, but it would be better if you had friends over so long as you don't trash the place.

... ... ... Seriously?

Indeed, there are some things in life so joyous there is only one way to react to them, and that is exactly what I did. I ran upstairs, and jumped on my bed.

No comments: