Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Youz is Startin 2 Bugz Me! && <3

So everyone knows that the bumper sticker application is pretty much the most genius addition to that social networking site (whatcha call it again?) that we all know and love. But while wasting time browsing through stickers (not having a search option- also a genius idea causing us to waste hours on the application) I can't help but find myself a little annoyed. For starters, a large chunk of the stickers just look something like this:







This is all sweet and endearing at first, until you've read some girly, feel good saying for like the 50th time in the same cutesy font and you start to wonder "are girls just pathetic, insecure people who need to be constantly reminded of their self worth, or are most guys just douches?" (excellent question) Then again, girls are by no means afraid to hide their inner bitch, as seen here:




A little scary, huh? Yeah I (the ex) would really choose to say that over bumper stickers, and I (the new girlfriend) would totally keep that on my profile. Then of course, the cousin to these bumper stickers, is something like this:












Again, cute, endearing, meaningful....but do we really need hundreds of them even though they all say essentially the same thing? I mean really that was so creative. Another close relative of these stickers are these:







Now I know as well as anyone that the bumper sticker application can be an amazing way to share feelings, but can we cut the emo crap? Yeah thanks, I mean really who wants to admit to that, and if they do who wants to display it on their profile. Speaking of, I would just like to point out that this one is entirely untrue (unless you're more pathetic than anyone I've ever met):












But that said, we should not forget the true genius of the bumper sticker application. Some fantastic disses can only be delivered quite so poignantly as a bumper sticker can, for example












and











And when the time does come to talk about feelings, Bumper stickers does offer us a fantastic variety of funny, creative, nonlame ways to do this in that awesome way that only bumper stickers can. For example








and













Oh, and just because I thought you all would enjoy this one:













(Cuz if he did it, it's clearly OK)

6 comments:

gbz said...

Oddly enough, I can see Picard being the ST character most likely to have that issue...

Juicy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juicy said...

Pshh...you're just trying to make shaved heads sexy again...Oh wait, they never were. Oops.

: D

(though it is oddly fitting, isn't it?)

Anonymous said...

Emma, I love you!! That was the most amazing rant I have ever experienced and SO true!! If I come across one more of these:

http://apps.facebook.com/bumpersticker/stickers/show/50240906

I might be forced to shoot myself.

Gavrich said...

www.someecards.com

The complete series. You're welcome.

Juicy said...

Gavrich, you are fantastic.