Tuesday, August 26, 2008


It all started when I learned I could fly. I closed my eyes to soar upward, upward, beyond the sky, beyond the universe, up even to different dimensions where the spirit realms are. When I opened my eyes I looked down, only to be dissapointed and then scared. I wasn't as high as I wanted to be, but I was sitting at the very edge of our world and it was an awfully long way down. Our world was a great black sphere, black as if it had been coated in rubber. There was a wide, round tunnel through the middle that I had come up through, and on my journey from bottom to top, I had passed rows and rows of balconies that demarkated each level of the world as I approached the brightness on top. I was flying, litterally flapping my wings in place, on the top of the edge the tunnel: a huge, jagged hole in the darkness on the very top of the world that was somehow darker than the rest of the pitch black earth.

I looked around to see that it was a sunny, clear day, and the earth was floating in a shallow sea. Surrounding it, floating like buoys, were the signs of the zodiac. Each where they should be, also cast in dark rubber. There was one new sign that I had never seen before that looked like a domino, but I assumed that was the new sign that has only recently joined the elliptic. I went down to bathe in the sea, rubbing by only one or two large, elegant fish that quickly swam away (I've always been afraid of meeting fish in that manner). I flew out quickly though, for the water was much too warm. I then headed towards the shore.

On the shore, I was greeted by The Great Lion Aslan. Some other creatures and myself headed towards a graveyard, in search of some knowledge that I cannot remeber. I did however, manage to speak to a dead king through his tomb, though now all I remember is something about the number three. I was the only one who could do this. On the way back, Aslan (Who may or may not have also had wings) told me that working in the hall of mirrors was "the closest he'd ever come to prostitution" because ghosts only regularly haunt places to keep humans amused, and could be doing far more important things with their ghostly powers.

And then all of a sudden I was tumbling through the universe. No wings, instead I looked around to see I was surrounded by small, dark pointy objects. Not stars, they were more like jacks. At first I was afraid, until I realized that I was being pulled away from them...towards a black hole. A jet stream was shooting out of the other end of the black hole, so I put my hand there to see what kind of matter could possibly be shooting out the other end of a black hole, but it was too hot for my hand to even come close. I looked up through the slightly flourescent, transparent hole just in time to glimpse the event horizon, and wonder how I should escape.

I was in a living room, and so was the black hole. A small girl with hair similar to mine was swimming around it (this living room was more like a large indoor pool with rustic walls). Then we (though I'm not quite sure who else) knew what we had to do. We started swimming around in circles counter to the direction of the black hole, until the water consumed it, and both came spiralling up to the walls before they were sucked outside through a small hole in the wall. I looked out the window to see the water that had once filled the room pour out into a rocky basin right by the edge of the sea. It looked very natural, as if the process was meant to happen and the earth was simply waiting for it. Once we had finished I went up to the girl's conservative Indian parents and asked, "Wait, why did we do that?" The mother gave me a knowing look and responded "Because she would have fallen in love with it. And as parents, isn't it easier to deal with a girl who's in love with a hole in the wall, than a girl who's in love with a Black Hole?"



I then walked out of their house with my friend at my side, into the shopping mall it was attached to. Excited to buy a journal and write about my awesome dream, I woke up.

No comments: