Thursday, September 18, 2008

Can I Get That In Pink?




So I was procrastinating my homework (as usual) and came across an AOL article (slideshow, really. Go watered-down American media!) of unusual and award winning homes. It was then when I saw this baby:






















This is Jayne Mansfield's "Pink Palace" and the official inspiration for my future residence. You can now see why I felt an immidiate, intimate, dare I say Nexusy connection with the building:






It was truly, as Jayne described it, "a heart-shaped house with a heart-shaped pool." To decorate the house, Jayne wrote to over a thousand individual furniture dealers asking for free samples, and offering in return the right to brag that their wares were in her "outlandish mansion." (Something I so would do, and Nexusy connection #2) I was just wondering how much I would have to make a year in some obnoxious oh-so-not-for-puiblic-interest lawfirm to attempt to buy this baby when learned (to the sound of my heart breaking, and a slight sigh of relief for my future serving the public good) that it was demolished....on my 13th birthday (Nexusy connection #3). And if all this does not go to show that I am clearly the reincarnation of Mrs. Jayne Mansfield herself, here is a picture of her:








(Nexusy connections 4 and 5) Perhaps anatomy and personal taste are somehow obscurly linked?




Oh, and Juicy fact: Her daughter plays Olivia Benson on Law&Order (Nexusy connection#6)

No comments: